QRIScloud RDSI collections with "Standard" access are enabled for GridFTP transfers. Before you can use it, you need to do the following:
- Sign up for a Globus Online account at https://globusonline.org/signup
- Install Globus Online Personal on your computer. The installation instructions are:
- Create a Globus Online Personal endpoint on your computer. (Described in the installation instructions linked above.)
Assuming that you have done the above correctly:
- (If necessary) start the Globus Connect Personal endpoint on your computer.
- In your web browser, go to the https://globusonline.org website and login using yourGlobus Online account.
- Go to "Manage Data >Transfer Files".
- In the Endpoint text box on the left, type in the name of your personal endpoint and click Go.
- In the Endpoint text box on the right, enter / select "QRIScloud Collections via GridFTP" and click Go.
- You’ll be asked to provide login credentials. For a Standard access collection, use your QSAC account name and password.
- Also set the Credential Lifetime to the number of hours you want the endpoint to be open. (When expires, you will need to activate it again before you can use it.)
- To start the transfer:
- The right hand side shows the directory tree for your collection storage. Navigate to the folder you wish to transfer data to (or from), and select the destination directory (or source directories or files).
- The left hand side shows the directory tree for your computer's GridFTP endpoint. Navigate to the folder you wish to transfer data from (or to), and select the source directories or files (or the destination directory).
- Click either the right pointing arrow or the left pointing arrow to begin the transfer.